11-24-2016, 06:49 PM -
0.1b and 0.2a
It has been a while since the last update, this is because we've got some news coming up regarding the project status of the modification.
We've been working since last week on a completely new version of the mod, which will be versioned 0.2a.
It's not the same situation as before where everything was being rewritten, instead we're re-using a lot of the code but with improved methods.
We've decided to go for this decision because me and @No-Half-Measures have learned a lot since 0.1a was released and therefore we noticed most written code from between 0.1a and 0.1b RC2 is too slow and/or does not function correctly.
At the moment, No-Half-Measures is working on the release of 0.1b and I'm working on 0.2a. Once we release 0.1b, we'll both be working on the completely new version which we expect to run much smoother and more efficient.
Release Candidates will no longer be publicly provided considering team we've now got to test the new clients. Instead we'll only provide bug fixes and stable versions in the new upcoming launcher.
To clear things up:
- 0.1b will be released fairly soon, probably within a week or two.
- 0.1b will not feature CEF, instead we'll take more time to provide a more stable version for 0.2a.
- 0.1b will feature our new GUI, which includes a server browser and a chat with color embedding.
- 0.2a won't take long to bring out, if everything goes according to plan, then 0.2a will be released within a month after 0.1b was released.
- We may provide Development versions of 0.2a during the stages of development, although only the Client binaries will be provided. (only on Discord)
I hope everything is clear enough, keep an eye out on our Discord server and forums, because we'll very soon publish a large list of new features in FiveMP 0.2a.
This post was last modified: 11-24-2016, 08:57 PM by Jack.